Monday, July 5, 2010

Jose Bertolero -Performer/ Stilt dancer (PERU/SPAIN)


Im 36 years old, I'm peruvian but I live in Barcelona since 2001. Before I discovered the stilt world I studied theater in Lima in three different schools, all related with the composition of the body, corporal expression and physical theater.
I became an actor and started acting in differents plays in Lima from 1996 to 2000.In 1995 I had my first contact with stilts and start trainning with them, but not too much, only the necesary to walk and move. Later, I decided to leave the scene as an actor and began trainning seriously with stilts, and in the year 2000 I started working with the peruvian heater company Yuyachkani as a stilt performer.
In 2001 I moved to Barcelona and continued my trainning, combining dance, acrobacies and a particular way to move on stilts. I started working in streets, dancing a coreography with live
music, and then performing in many events around Europe. Later, In 2008, I had the great opportunity to work with Cirque Du Soleil in two different shows:
"The Awakening of the Snake", show created for the EXPO Zaragoza 2008, and "Il
Sogno Di Volare", show created for the White Night in Italy.At present, Im still
trainning and investigating in this fascinating world that are the stilts
.

www.myspace.com/josebertolero

No comments:

Post a Comment