Monday, July 5, 2010

Tri Huu Luu -Photographer (Vietnam)


I was born in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), Vietnam in 1972 to a family of seven and a devoted Buddhist Mother. When I was three years old, South Vietnam was overtaken by the North. At that point, my father decided to leave and live in the countryside where he is to this day. My Mother single-handedly took care of seven children and worked as a seamstress to make ends meet.

In 1987, my Mother had stroke and died. Three months later, I escaped Vietnam and arrived in Thailand. I stayed in a refugee camp for about a year and then settled in Minnesota, United States.

In 1994, I entered Minneapolis College of Art and Design and graduated with a BFA degree in 1997. Two months later, I moved to New York City.

In 1998, I was accepted into New York University for a masters degree in Buddhism and photography. Halfway through the program, I decided to stop attending NYU and began studying on my own, traveling to different Buddhist temples throughout Asia where I continue to photograph and study.

Currently, I'm traveling around Asia. Focusing on my new photo series "No Past - No Future"

http://www.trihuuluu.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment